FABRIC: light natural or artificial material (cambric) 150cm in width.
YOU WILL ALSO NEED: fabric for trimming; elastic tape; 3 small clasps.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric pieces).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE MATCHING!
1. Top back – 2 pieces
2. Bottom back – 1 folded piece
3. Bottom front – 1 folded piece
4. Top centre front – 2 pieces
5. Top side front - 1 folded piece
6. Back facing – 1 folded piece
7. Front facing - 2 pieces
8. Ruffle – 2 folded pieces
9. Shoulder strap – 2 folded pieces
1. Stitch the centre/side front pieces of the top together; stitch the side seams. Stitch the shoulder facings seams.
2. Stitch the facing to the top edge of the bodice. Turn the facing to the wrong side of the garment and fold raw edge under. Topstitch the facing to the top, topstitch the top edge of the garment 0,1cm below the edge.
3. Put the right front bodice piece on the left one according to the marked center front foldline; tack the overlapped lower edges.
4. Stitch the side pant edges. Fold the straight edges of ruffles inside and topstitch the edges. Gather the curved edges slightly and tack these to the leg openings between the marks.
5. Fold the waist integrated facing raw edge to the wrong side and press it. Neaten the leg openings and press the seam allowances to the wrong side, topstitch them. Stitch the elastic to the lag openings with zigzag stitch (stretching the elastic slightly).
6. Stitch the bottom to the bodice. Press the seam downwards and topstitch it. Thread the elastic through the casing. Overlap and stitch the elastic ends.
7. Make up the shoulder straps and topstitch them. Sew the straps to the front and try the garment on. Check the strap lengths of and stitch them to the back according to the marks.