YOU WILL ALSO NEED: zip and iron-on interfacing.
SEAM ALLOWANCES: 1 ñì for all seams.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric pieces).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE MATCHING!
1. Gusset – 6 pieces
2. Facing – 2 pieces
1. Apply the interfacing to the wrong side of the facings.
2. Stitch the gussets together; neaten and press the seams. Neaten the upper side gusset side edges. Stitch the garment side edges leaving a zipper opening in the left side seam. Neaten the seams; press them backwards.
3. Stitch the facings together; press the seam open. Neaten the facing lower edge.
4. Insert the zip. With the facing uppermost and right sides inside, stitch the facing to the skirt around the waistline.
Topstitch the seam allowance to the facing. Fold the facing left side edges under and slipstitch them to the zip tape.
4. Neaten the skirt hem; fold the hem under and topstitch to the skirt.