You need: taffeta; sheer fatin (of two tinctures, for example, of lacteous white and cream white); lace border of 1.5 cm width, thin decorative cords, lace macramé, fusing, zipper, metal/plastic bones, 8-9 chiffon flowers, piping.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCES: 2 cm for middle back seam (to stitch the zipper). 1 cm for other seams.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (minimal width is 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
PLEASE KEEP BEAM THREAD DIRECTION.
1. All skirt pieces.
2. Bodice pieces (according to patterns) in two layers.
1. All taffeta bodice pieces
1. All skirt pieces
2. Bodice transparent pieces – cut 3 layers of sheer fatin (stitch them together)
Trimming: use lace border with 1.5 cm width loops (stitch or sew along seams). Set decorative cord into loops. Trim cups with wide decorative cord (sew it or make appliqué with lace macramé).
1. Trim bodice seams (wrong side) with the piping; set metallic/plastic bones which are 2 cm shorter than seam length (to make sewing more comfortable) in bodice seams.
2. Make a balloon skirt: set fatin inside (to clear edge) to create balloon form. NB: stitch balloon lower edge to lower edge of outer balloon skirt, then stitch ready skirt to the bodice.
3. Put the garment on a mannequin and shape the skirt: make asymmetric pleats into ready garment and fix them with stitches and decorative flowers.
4. The zipper is in back middle seam.