2011 CORSET WITH DRAPED INSET
You need: taffeta, separating zip, metal/plastic bones, stiff organza (lining).
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCES: 2 cm for left side seam (to stitch the zipper). 1 cm for other seams
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (minimal width is 140 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
PLEASE KEEP BEAM THREAD DIRECTION.
1. All corset pieces. (Use taffeta for lining also).
1. All mail pieces of upper corset excluding «Crimp front part”
2. Inner corset pieces: please do not double lining with stiff organza!
1. Double all upper corset pieces with stiff organza and stitch them along seams.
2. Set metal/plastic bones which are 2 cm shorter than seam length (to make sewing more comfortable) in bodice seams.
3. The zipper is in middle back seam.
4. Gather crimp front part along all edges up to “Upper front part” size. Fix pleats with blind stitches by hand. Then stitch crimp detail to other corset pieces.
5. Stitch “Stripes draped under bust” long edge, turn it right side out, them fix by hand at front/back parts when the garment is on a mannequin.