2017 BALLOON SKIRT
You need: taffeta, zipper of 20 cm length, stiff fatin, stiff organza, 5 decorative flowers, fusing.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCES: 2 cm for middle back seam (to stitch the zipper). 1 cm for other seams
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (minimal width is 140 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
PLEASE KEEP BEAM THREAD DIRECTION.
1. All skirt pieces (outer and inner)
1. All inner skirts
1. Inner flounce stitches to inner skirt
1. The zipper is in middle back seam.
2. Strengthen inner taffeta skirt pieces with organza, then sew them together along all edges; taffeta layer must be the lowest.
3. Stitch inner flounce on inner skirt's right side, it goes between outer layer and inner one (taffeta skirt is the lowest, with legs).
4. Process balloon skirt hem: gather outer skirt along lower edge to size of inner skirt’s lower edge, then stitch the hem around as clear edge.
5. Strengthen facings with fusing, them stitch skirt upper edge around.
6. Shape the skirt when the garment is on a mannequin making asymmetrical pleats with decorative flowers.