FABRIC: natural or synthetic silk.
YOU WILL ALSO NEED: atlas (sateen); lingerie elastic tape; jersey iron-on interfacing.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric pieces).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE MATCHING!
1. Shoulder strap – 2 folded pieces
2. Centre back – 1 folded piece
3. Side back – 2 pieces
4. Front – 1 folded piece
5. Side cup – 2 pieces
6. Centre cup – 2 pieces
7. Upper cup – 4 pieces
1. Iron the interfacing to the wrong side of the side back, front, and all pieces of the cups.
2. Stitch the side/centre pieces of the cups. Topstitch the seams allowances. Stitch the cup upper pieces to the cup lower pieces.
3. Stitch the side seams. Press them backwards and topstitch close to the seamlines.
4. Stitch the cups to the front. Topstitch the seam. Overstitch top edge of the cups with under cups. Turn it right side out. Fold the under cups raw edge inside and topstitch on the cup’s/front seam. Topstitch the top edge of the cups.
5. With right sides inside fold the inset in half width, stitch the long edge
then turn it right side out. Place the seam in the centre of the inset and press
it. Make decorative stitches to make casings. Thread the elastic through the
casings gathering the fabric. Fix the elastic ends to the fabric. Stitch the
inset to the side pieces. Topstitch these seams to the side pieces.
6. Make up shoulder straps, topstitch them and stitch to the front, try the corsage on checking the length of the shoulder straps and fix them to the back.