FABRIC: thick natural or synthetic silk.
YOU NEED : atlas (sateen), lingerie elastic tape, hook-and-eye tape.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric pieces).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES Ц THEY MUST BE MATCHING!
1. Shoulder strap Ц 4 pieces
2. Side/back band Ц 2 folded pieces
3. Side cup Ц 4 pieces
4. Centre cup Ц 2 folded pieces
5. Centre triangle Ц 2 folded pieces
1. Sew the shoulder straps: fold the pieces in half lengthways, right sides
together, and stitch along the edges leaving one edge open. Turn the straps
right side out. Then press and topstitch close to the edges.
2. Stitch the side/centre pieces of the cups. Fold the front pieces of the cups inside and overstitch the top/front/lower edges placing the shoulder straps between. Turn the cups right side out, tack them and press slightly.
3. Fold the pieces of the band in half lengthways right sides inside and stitch along the long edges. Turn the bands right side out and press them. Sew the bands to the cups.
4. Stich the top/bottom edges of centre triangle pieces right sides together. Turn the triangle right side out and press it.
5. Push the elastic tape inside the bands through the openings up to the marks. Fix the edges to the garment. Sew the hook-and-eye tape to the band ends.
6. Try the bra on, check the shoulder strap lengths and stitch them to the garment.