FABRIC: LIGHT MATERIAL WITH NAP/PIL
YOU WILL ALSO NEED: silk tape 4 cm in width.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric pieces).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES Ц THEY MUST BE MATCHING!
1. Back Ц 1 folded piece
2. Pocket Ц 2 pieces
3. Front (with integrated hood) Ц 2 pieces
4. Belt Ц 1 piece
5. Sleeve Ц 2 pieces
1. Fold the pocket integrated facing to the right side and stitch the side seams. Turn it right side out. Press the pocket seam allowances to the wrong side. Topstitch the pocket top. Topstitch the pocket to the garment.
2. Stitch the central hood seam. Press the seam open. Topstitch the seam allowances. Turn the hood right side out and stitch its top cross seam.
3. Notch the seam allowances between the shoulder seams and the hood on the distance 1 cm. from the fare sides of the darts. Cut the centers of the darts for about 3 cm. Sew the shoulder seams, finishing the stitching were the darts are. Press the seams open.
4. Stitch the hood to the neckline between the darts. Stitch the hood/front darts; cut the extra material and neaten them. Topstitch the seam allowance to the back below the hood seam.
5. Stitch the side seams.
6. Press the hem to the wrong side and topstitch it. Pin the silk tape face to face to the dressing gown and stitch 1 cm. from the central front edges and the hood edge. Fold the tape inside flipping the edges and topstitch it on the right side through the previously made seam.
7. Stitch the sleeves seams. Finish the sleeves hems same way as the front/hood edges. Stitch the sleeves to the garment.
8. Make up and topstitch the belt.