5352 SKIRT WITH ASYMMETRICAL HEM
YOU WILL NEED: denim, iron-on interfacing, and zipper.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCE: 1 cm for all seams.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric pieces).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE MATCHING!
1. Back panel – 1 piece
2. Front narrow gusset – 1 piece
3. Side right front panel – 1 piece
4. Front gusset – 1 piece
5. Side left front panel – 1 piece
6. Front lower inset – 1 piece
7. Diagonal lower panel – 1 piece
8. Lower back gusset – 1 piece
9. Front facing – 1 piece
10. Back facing – 1 piece
Interfacing: front/back facing.
1. Apply the interfacing to the wrong side of the front/back facings.
2. Stitch the front narrow gusset to the side right front piece. Neaten and press the seam.
3. Stitch the front gusset to the front narrow gusset. Neaten and press the seam.
4. Stitch the front lower inset to the side left front. Neaten the seam; press it.
5. Stitch the diagonal lower piece to the back panel. Neaten the seam; press it.
6. Stitch the back lower gusset to the diagonal lower piece. Neaten the seam and press it.
7. Neaten and stitch the side edges up to zipper notch. Press the seams open. Sew the zipper in.
8. Neaten the hem and the front asymmetrical edge. Stitch the front edges up to the notches; press the seam open.
9. Stitch the front/back facing side seams; press them open.
10. With right sides together, stitch the facing to the garment along the top edges. Topstitch the seam allowance to the facing 0.2 cm above the seam. Turn the facing under and press the garment edging. Slipstitch the ends of the facing to the zip tape.
11. Press the hem/front asymmetrical edge under. Topstitch them to the garment.