YOU WILL ALSO NEED: zip, iron-on interfacing and 1 button.
SEAM ALLOWANCES: 1 ñì for all seams, 2 cm for the hem.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric pieces).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE MATCHING!
1. Front panel – 2 pieces
2. Back panel – 2 pieces
3. Back yoke 1 – 2 pieces
4. Back yoke 2 – 2 pieces
5. Back yoke 3 – 2 pieces
6. Back yoke 4 – 2 pieces
7. Back yoke – 2 pieces
8. Decorative inset – 1 piece
9. Waistband – 1 piece
10. Zip guard – 1 piece
INTERFACING: waistband, zip guard.
1. Apply the interfacing to the wrong side of the waistband and the zip guard.
2. Stitch the back yoke shaped edges: back yoke 1, back yoke 2, back yoke 3, and back yoke 4 and the back yoke. Neaten the seams; make a decorative stitch 0,5 cm away from the joining seams.
3. Stitch the joined back yoks to the skirt back panel. Neaten the seam; press the seam allowances upwards and topstitch 0,5 above the seam.
4. Stitch the back centre seam; press the seam; topstitch with double decorative stitch 0,5 cm from the seam.
5. Press the decorative inset side/lower seam allowances under, according to the pattern; topstitch the inset to the back panel.
6. Neaten the front panel centre edges; stitch the front centre seam from the front split notches up to the zipper notches. Press the seam; topstitch with double decorative stitch 0,5 cm from the seam.
7. Stitch and neaten the skirt side seams; press the seams backwards.
8. Press the closure fly extensions to the wrong side. Stitch the zip tape edges to the zip opening left edge and to the right fly extension. Fold the zip guard inside out and overstitch along a short edge; turn it right side out; neaten the zip guard side edge. Topstitch the guard to the left edge of opening, stitching through the garment, zip tape and the guard. Topstitch the zipper opening right edge according to the design, catching the extension.
9. With wrong sides inside, press the waistband in half lengthways; neaten the waistband raw inner edge. Stitch the waistband to the skirt. Overstitch the waistband ends; trim the seam allowances at the corners; turn the waistband right side out. Topstitch the neatened edge to the waistline seam. Press.
10. Press the skirt lower edge seam allowances under and topstitch.
11. Make a buttonhole in the waistband right edge; attach the button to the left end.