FABRIC: silk or viscose fabric.
YOU WILL ALSO NEED: zip and iron-on interfacing.
SEAM ALLOWANCES: 1 ñì for all seams.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric pieces).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE MATCHING!
1. Back panel – 2 pieces
2. Front panel – 1 piece
3. Front facing – 1 piece
4. Back facing – 2 pieces
5. Flounce – 4 pieces
INTERFACING: front/back facing.
1. Apply the interfacing to the wrong side of the front facing and the back facing.
2. Stitch the front/back darts; press them towards the front/back centre.
3. Neaten and stitch the skirt side edges; press the seams open.
4. Stitch the front and the back facing together; pres the seams open. Neaten the facing lower raw edge.
5. Stitch the flounce side edges, leaving the flounce centre seam unstitched. Neaten the seams; press them.
6. Stitch the flounce to the skirt lower edge; neaten the seam; press the seam allowances upwards.
7. Neaten the skirt/flounce centre edges. Stitch the back centre seam, leaving a zipper opening. Insert the zip.
8. With the facing uppermost, stitch the facing to the skirt waist edge. Topstitch the seam allowances to the facing 0,2 cm from the seam. Fold the facing centre edges under and slipstitch them to the zip tape.
9. Stretching the fabric, neaten the flounce lower edge.