YOU WILL ALSO NEED: zip and iron-on interfacing.
SEAM ALLOWANCES: 1 ñì for all seams, 0 cm for the hem.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric pieces).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE MATCHING!
1. Back panel – 2 pieces
2. Right front panel – 1 piece
3. Left front panel – 1 piece
3. Front facing – 2 pieces
4. Back facing – 2 pieces
INTERFACING: front/back facing.
1. Apply the interfacing to the wrong side of the front facing and the back facing.
2. Stitch the front/back darts; press the darts towards the front/back centre.
3. Make pleats at the right front panel.
4. Neaten the back centre edges; stitch the back centre seam leaving a zipper opening.
5. Neaten and stitch the garment side edges; press the seams open.
6. Join the front and back facing across the side seams.
Press the seams open. Neaten the facing lower edge.
7. Insert the zip. Overstitch the skirt waistline with the facing. Topstitch the seam allowances to the facing 0,2 cm in.
8. Overlap the left front panel with the right front panel; topstitch the right panel edge. Fix the front panels together through the waistline seam with 2 cm seam.
9. You can finish the skirt hem by applying a fringe.