5471 SHORTS WITH CORD
YOU NEED: flax, fusing, decorative cord.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCE: 1 cm for all seams, 2 cm for upper edge, 3 cm for hem.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Front part – 2 pieces
2. Back part – 2 pieces
3. Flap – 2 pieces
4. Belt loop – 1 piece
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of flap.
2. Lay flap details right sides together and overstitch. Slash allowances in corners, and turn right side out. Make decorative stitch along flap outer contour at 0.5 cm from edge. Neaten flap upper edge. Mark flap place and topstitch flap along marking. Fold the flap to right side and topstitch it at 0.5 cm from seam.
3. Neaten side/inside leg edges of front/back parts, front middle edge, fly front edge and back middle edge.
4. Fold belt loop along the center, right side together, coincide edges and overstitch at 0.5-0.7 cm from edges. Turn right side out, place the seam at fold or make edging of 0.1-0.2 cm width to wrong side, and press.
5. Sew side/inside leg seams, and press them apart. Sew fly front edge and middle sitting edge.
6. Neaten garment upper edge. Press garment upper edge to wrong side. Topstitch allowance. Mark place of belt loops. Cut belt loops of proper size and topstitch according to marks.
7. Neaten hem allowance and press to wrong side. Topstitch hem allowance. Pull decorative cord into belt loops.