YOU NEED: soft wool, fleece; fusing; 1 zipper (zipper’s length is on the pattern).
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCE: 1 cm for all seams, 3 cm for hood outer edge/sleeve and garment hems/pocket entrance allowance.
NB! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Front part – 1 piece
2. Back part – 1 piece
3. Pocket – 1 piece
4. Front sleeve – 2 pieces
5. Back sleeve – 2 pieces
6. Collar – 2 pieces
Fusing: collar, reinforcement.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of outer collar.
2. Neaten the pocket along the contour and press it according to the pattern. Fold pocket entrance allowance into wrong side and topstitch at 0.5 cm from edge. Mark pocket place and topstitch it on front part along upper/lower/side edges according to marks.
3. Mark zipper place on front part. Apply the fusing to wrong side of this place. Cut front part between zipper marks; stop cutting 1 cm before mark’s bottom. Make diagonal slits at mark’s end. Neaten long edges and press them into wrong side. Lay the zipper under slit’s edges with zipper’s teeth visible. Stitch the zipper adjusting lower corner. Make decorative stitches at 0.5 cm from zipper.
4. Stitch sleeve’s upper edge and neaten it. Stitch sleeves into armholes according to notches. Neaten joining seams. Stitch side seams and sleeve lower seams with one stitch. Neaten seams and press them backwards.
5. Press sleeve hems into wrong side. Fold sleeve allowance into wrong side and press by 1 cm and then by 2 cm. Topstitch pressed allowance on the sleeve.
6. Overstitch inner collar with outer one. Turn the collar right side out. Press the collar.
7. Stitch inner collar into neckline. Fold outer collar’s open edge under and topstitch along the seam joining inner collar.
8. Press garment hem by 1 cm and them by 2 cm. Fold it into wrong side and topstitch.