YOU NEED: fabric suitable for dresses; fusing; 2 tabs; 2 buttons.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCE: 1 cm for all seams, 2 cm for hem allowance.
NB! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Front part – 1 piece
2. Back part – 1 piece
3. Front yoke – 1 piece
4. Back yoke – 1 piece
5. Pocket – 2 pieces
6. Strap – 4 pieces
7. Back facing – 1 piece
8. Front facing – 1 piece
Fusing: front/back facings.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of front/back facings.
2. Neaten the pocket along the contour and press it according to the pattern. Fold pocket entrance allowance into wrong side and topstitch at 2.5 cm from the edge. Mark pocket place and topstitch the pocket on front part.
3. Stitch side seams. Neaten seams and press them backwards.
4. Make loose stitches along front/back upper parts and make gathering.
5. Lay straps right sides together and overstitch along three edges. Turn straps right side out slashing corners.
6. Stitch back yoke to back part. Neaten back armhole’s lower segment. Lay back facing on back part and overstitch along armhole/neckline inserting straps’ diagonal edges. Fold back facing into wrong side. Fold back facing’s allowance under and topstitch along the seam joining the yoke. Fold armhole allowance into wrong side and topstitch so that the stitch goes along all armhole and back neckline.
7. Stitch front yoke to front part. Neaten front armhole’s lower armhole segment. Lay front facing on front part and overstitch along armholes, shoulder edges and neckline. Slash corners. Fold back facing into wrong side. Fold front facing’s allowance under and topstitch along the seam joining the yoke. Fold armhole allowances into wrong side and topstitch so that the stitch goes along all armhole and front neckline.
8. Neaten hem allowance. Fold it into wrong side and topstitch.
9. Sew buttons on front yoke and set tabs on straps.