YOU NEED: fabric suitable for jacket; fusing.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCE: 1 cm for all seams, 2 cm for hem allowance, 0 cm for outer allowances of armhole/neckline facings.
NB! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Center front part – 1 piece
2. Center back part – 2 pieces
3. Side front part – 2 pieces
4. Side back part – 2 pieces
5. Pocket – 1 piece
6. Flap – 2 pieces
7. Back neckline facing – 1 piece
8. Front neckline facing – 1 piece
9. Back armhole facing – 2 pieces
10. Front armhole facing – 2 pieces
Fusing: flap, back neckline facing, front neckline facing, armhole facings.
1. Neaten the pocket along the contour and press it according to the pattern. Fold pocket entrance allowance into wrong side and topstitch at 2.5 cm from the edge. Mark pocket’s place and topstitch the pocket on front part according to marks.
2. Lay flaps right sides together and overstitch. Cut allowances in flap corners and turn them right side out. Make decorative stitch along flap outer contour at 0.5 cm from edges and neaten flap’s upper edge. Mark flap’s place. Stitch the flap to front part. Turn the flap downwards and topstitch at 0.5 cm from joining seam.
3. Stitch front/back relieve seams and neaten them. Make decorative stitches along front/back relieve stitches. Stitch side/shoulder seams. Neaten seams and press them downwards.
4. Stitch middle back seam and neaten it.
5. Stitch front/back shoulder edges and press them apart. Neaten facings’ inner edge. Lay facing on the blouse right sides together and overstitch front/back necklines. Topstitch allowance of front/back neckline overstitching on the facing at 0.2 cm from overstitching. Press front/back necklines. Fix front/back neckline facing at shoulder seams to blouse shoulder seams as well as along middle back seam with 1 cm stitch.
6. Stitch shoulder/side edges of front/back armhole facings and press seams apart. Stitch facings’ inner edge. Lay facings on the blouse right sides together and overstitch front/back armholes. Topstitch allowance of front/back armhole overstitching on the facing at 0.2 cm from overstitching. Press front/back armholes. Fix front/back armhole facing at shoulder/side seams with 1 cm stitch.
7. Neaten hem allowance. Fold it into wrong side and topstitch.