5606 HOODED SHIRT
YOU NEED: natural fabric suitable for skirts; fusing; 6 buttons; decorative cord; tabs.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCE: 1 cm for all seams, 2 cm for garment/sleeve hems allowance, 2 cm for hood outer edge.
NB! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Center back part – 1 piece
2. Side back part – 2 pieces
3. Center front part – 2 pieces
4. Side front part – 2 pieces
5. Hood – 2 pieces
6. Center hood part – 1 piece
7. Sleeve – 2 pieces
8. Front band – 2 pieces
9. Back neckline facing – 1 piece
Fusing: front band, back neckline facing.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of front band, back neckline facing.
2. Stitch front relieve seams and neaten them. Press relieve seams towards front center. Stitch back relieve seams and neaten them. Press relieve seams towards back center.
3. Stitch facing/front band shoulder seams and press them apart. Neaten front/back neckline facing’s inner edges.
4. Stitch shoulder/side edges. Neaten shoulder/side seams. Press shoulder/side seams backwards.
5. Stitch hood sides to hood center part and neaten seams. Make buttonholes into the hood. Fold hood outer allowance into wrong side, fold it under and topstitch on the hood.
6. Stitch the hood into neckline. Overstitch the neckline with facing and front bands. Overstitch front edgings with front bands, slash extra fabric in corners and turn front bands right side out. Press front bands. Fix facing and front bands with z stitch at shoulder seam.
7. Stitch sleeve edges. Neaten them and press backwards. Stitch sleeve in easing them along sleeve caps. Neaten joining seams.
8. Neaten shirt/sleeve hems, fold them under and topstitch.
9. Make buttonholes into right front edging, sew buttons on the left one.
10. Pull the cord into the hood and set tabs.