YOU NEED: viscose/linen/silk; fusing; 5 buttons.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCE: 1 cm for all seams, 2 cm for hem allowance.
NB! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Front part – 2 pieces
2. Back part – 1 piece
3. Front yoke – 2 pieces
4. Back yoke – 1 piece
5. Sleeve – 2 pieces
6. Cuff – 2 pieces
7. Front band – 2 pieces
8. Back yoke facing – 1 piece
Fusing: front bands, back neckline facing, cuffs.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of front bands and back yoke facing.
2. Make loose stitches at 0.5 cm from front part’s upper edge and gather fabric.
3. Make en inverted pleat into back part and topstitch pleat’s inner/outer bendings at 0.1 cm distance. Fix at upper edge with a stitch at 0.5 cm from the edge.
4. Stitch yokes to front/back parts. Neaten joining seam.
5. Stitch shoulder seams of front band and back yoke facing and neaten them. Neaten front bands and facing along outer edge.
6. Pin front band to front part right sides together and overstitch along front edgings (on front part’s side.) Stitch front bands’ lower edges to front part along hem marked line. Cut seams of front edgings’ lower corners. Topstitch allowance of overstitching on front bands at 0.2 cm from the seam. Turn front edgings right side out and press seams.
7. Stitch side/shoulder seams and neaten them. Press seams backwards.
8. Overstitch neckline and front edgings with the facing and front bands. Topstitch the allowance of overstitching at 0.2 cm from overstitching seam. Turn the facing right side out and press. Fix front bands at shoulder seams.
9. Stitch sleeve seam and neaten it. Make loose stitches along sleeve hems and sleeve caps and gather sleeve caps. Gather sleeve hems (gathering length is equal to cuff length.) Stitch sleeves into armholes and neaten seams.
10. Press the cuff along the center. Lay the cuff flat and stitch it into ring. Stitch cuff’s upper edge to sleeve hem. Fold lower edge under and topstitch along the seam joining the cuff.
11. Neaten blouse hem, fold it under and topstitch.
12. Neaten buttonholes into left front edging, sew buttons on the right one.