YOU NEED: highly-stretchable stockinet; 4 eyelets; tabs; decorative cord; elastic braid of 4-4.5 cm width.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCE: 1 cm for all seams, 2 cm for hem allowance.
NB! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Center back skirt – 1 piece
2. Side back skirt – 2 pieces
3. Center front skirt – 1 piece
4. Side front skirt – 2 pieces
5. Waistband – 1 piece
1. Prepare the cord: cut a beam stripe of 2 cm width. Fold long edges under and press so that edges meet in the center. Fold the cord along the center and topstitch at 0.2 cm from the edge.
2. Prepare loops: cut a cord into 4-5 cm length segments.
3. Stitch loops to side front/back parts.
4. Stitch front/back relieves. Neaten allowances and press them towards front/back sides.
5. Neaten side seams and stitch them. Press side seams apart.
6. Press the waistband along the center. Lay the waistband flat and stitch as a ring leaving a hole for elastic braid. Neaten waistband’s inner edge. Stitch waistband’s outer edges to skirt upper edge according to marks. Fold inner edge into wrong side and topstitch along joining seam.
7. Neaten skirt hem, fold it under, press and topstitch.
8. Pull the cord into eyelets and set tabs. Pull elastic braid into waistline hole and stitch it as a ring.