YOU NEED: cotton or mixed fabric; fusing; 7 hooks and eyelets; 2 buttons.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCE: 1 cm for all seams, 2 cm for hem allowance.
NB! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Front part – 2 pieces
2. Back part – 1 piece
3. Front band – 2 pieces
4. Sleeve – 2 pieces
5. Collar – 2 pieces
6. Cuff – 2 pieces
Fusing: front bands. Outer collar, cuffs.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of front bands, cuffs and outer collar.
2. Neaten side edges. Stitch shoulder/side edges up to slit mark. Neaten shoulder seams and press them backwards. Press side seams apart. Make topstitching long the slit at 0.2 cm from the edge.
3. Overstitch inner collar with outer one, slash collars, turn right side out and press.
4. Neaten front bands’ outer edge. Overstitch front edgings with front bands laying hooks on right front edging and eyelets on left one. Slash extra fabric into corners and turn front bands right side out. Press front edgings. Make overstitching at 0.5 cm from edgings. Fix front bands at shoulder seams with 1 cm stitch.
5. Stitch inner collar into neckline. Fold outer neckline under and topstitch along the seam joining inner collar.
6. Overstitch cuff side edges and turn it right side out. Press ready cuffs.
7. Neaten sleeve edges. Stitch sleeve seams to slit mark. Make decorative stitch along the slit at 0.2 cm from the edge. Make loose stitches along sleeve hems and make gathering in accordance with cuff length. Stitch outer cuff to sleeve hem. Fold inner cuff under and topstitch it along the seam joining outer collar.
8. Stitch sleeve in easing them along sleeve caps. Neaten seams joining sleeves.
9. Neaten hem allowance, fold it into wrong side overstitching corners with front bands, then topstitch along the edge.
10. Make a buttonhole into the cuff, sew a button.