5614 PANTS WITH INSET
YOU NEED: any dense highly stretchable fabric; decorative cord; tabs; dense stockinet/jersey.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCE: 1 cm for all seams, 2 cm for hem allowance.
NB! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Front part – 2 pieces
2. Back part – 2 pieces
3. Front facing – 2 pieces
4. Back facing – 2 pieces
1. Inset – 2 pieces
Fusing: front/back upper facings.
1. Apply the fusing to back/front upper facings.
2. Stitch side seams and neaten them. Press side seams backwards.
3. Neaten front/middle edges and hems. Stitch inseams and neaten them. Press inseams backwards. Stitch front/middle edges. Make another stitch along crotch seam close to the seam joining front/middle seam.
4. Stitch inset front edge and neaten it. Stitch to front parts easing inset slightly. Neaten joining seam.
5. Neaten buttonholes (or set eyelets) into front facing.
6. Stitch side edges of front/back facings. Press seams apart. Stitch facings to pants’ upper edge easing the inset, then press joining seam towards facings.
7. Neaten lower facings’ outer edge. Lay facings on stitches facings right sides together and overstitch upper edge. Topstitch the overstitching on lower facings at 0.2 cm from the seam. Topstitch lower facing’s neatened edge on the seam joining upper facing, then press.
8. Press hem allowances into wrong side and topstitch.
9. Pull the cord into buttonholes and set tabs.