See details for work with faux fur at How to use the CD.
YOU NEED: faux sheepskin, faux fur with long hair (collar); 2 decorative fastenings.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCE: 0 cm for all open edges (front edging, the hem, cuff edges, collar fall). Use lap seam for front/back relieves and sleeve front seams (see detailed instructions), 1.5 cm for other seams.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Side front part – 2 pieces
2. Side back part – 2 pieces
3. Center back part – 2 pieces
4. Front yoke – 2 pieces
5. Center front part – 2 pieces
6. Upper sleeve – 2 pieces
7. Lower sleeve – 2 pieces
8. Cuff – 2 pieces
1. Collar – 1 piece
1. Stitch the yoke to center front part. Lay seam allowances apart and topstitch them.
2. Stitch side front part to center front part with lap seam.
3. Stitch back relieves with lap seams.
4. Stitch middle back edges. Lay seam allowances apart and topstitch them.
5. Stitch coat’s shoulder/side edges. Lay seam allowances apart and topstitch them.
6. Stitch sleeve front edge with lap seam. Lay a cuff on a sleeve furs together and stitch them together with closed seam (cut cuff’s allowance and topstitch sleeve allowance). Stitch elbow seams. Make notches in elbow seam allowances at cuff joining seam, then topstitch elbow seam allowances on the cuff with closed seam.
7. Stitch sleeves into armholes according to notches. Make notches in seam allowances, lay them on both sides of the seam, then topstitch sleeve allowance on the sleeve, topstitch armhole allowance on front/back parts.
8. Stitch the collar to the garment.
9. Make fixing stitch at 0.1-0.2 cm from edges along front edgings/the hem/cuff edges. Sew fastenings. Make decorative stitch at 2 cm from edges along front edgings and the hem.