You need: soft fabric suitable for coats; 4 hooks and eyelets, natural/faux fur, piping for neckline.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM SLLOEANCES: 1 cm for all seams.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Front part – 2 pieces
2. Back part – 2 pieces
3. Hood – 2 pieces
1. Cuff – 2 pieces
Cut (or gather of several pieces) a fur stripe for trimming of 11 cm width. Length is given on patterns.
1. Stitch back middle seam. Neaten the seam and press it leftwards.
2. Stitch shoulder edges. Neaten seams and press them backwards.
3. Stitch hood pieces together. Press the seam leftwards. Lay a segment on piping on the seem (wrong side), then topstitch catching seam allowances. Stitch the hood into the neckline. Slash the sea and press it toward the hood. Topstitch a piping above the seam to hide hood joining allowances.
4. Slash the seam at marks into front/back parts. Lay front part on the back one right sides together and stitch the segment between marks. Neaten the seam and press it. Neaten seam segment between front edging and the first mark on front part as well as back seam segment between middle back seam and a mark on lower edge. Fold neatened segment under and topstitch it.
5. Press a cuff along the center right side out. Lay the cuff flat, fold it wrong side out and stitch as a ring. Turn the cuff into right side, press the seam apart. Stitch cuff outer edge to poncho. Fold cuff’s inner edge into wrong side and topstitch into joining seam.
6. Press trimming fur stripe along the center right side out. Stitch outer edge of fur placket to front edging and to hood. Fold the placket into wrong side and topstitch along joining seam.
7. Poncho wrong side: sew eyelets and hooks along placket edge.