You need: wool/mixed wool; fusing, lining, 4 buttons.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCE: 3 cm for the hem. 1 cm for other seams.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Front part – 2 pieces
2. Back part – 2 pieces
3. Collar – 2 pieces
4. Front band – 2 pieces
5. Back neckline facing – 1 piece
1. Back part – 2 pieces
2. Front part – 2 pieces
1. Front band – 2 pieces
2. Back neckline facing – 1 piece
NB: when cutting lining front/back pieces, do not take into account front bands/back neckline facing widths correspondingly.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of front bands and back neckline facing.
2. Stitch middle back seam. Neaten the seam and pres it leftward.
3. Stitch shoulder edges. Neaten seams and press them backwards.
4. Lay collars right sides together. Overstitch collar ends and collar fall; begin and finish at the line of collar stitching. Turn the collar right side out and press it.
5. Lay front band on front part right sides together, then overstitch along front edging. Overstitching goes at front part, between the hem and the notch pointing the end of collar joining. Cut seams into front edging’s upper corners. Turn front edgings into right side.
6. Stitch shoulder edges of back neckline facing and front band. Press seam allowances apart.
7. Insert the collar between the poncho, front band and the facing. Stitch outer collar into poncho neckline, stitch inner collar into front bands/facing necklines. Press seam allowances apart. Fold front bands and facing into wrong side, then stitch collar joining seam allowances close to seams.
8. Stitch lining pieces leaving a 15-20 cm length segment in one of seams (to turn the garment right side out). Lay the lining on the poncho right sides together and stitch the lining to front bands’ inner edges and to back neckline facing. Overstitch front edgings’ lower corner. Cut seams of front edging’s lower corner.
11. Press the hem into wrong side. Slash hem allowance where it is rounded. Stitch the lining to garment hem. Turn the poncho right side out and press it. Stitch the hole in the seam. Make decorative stitch parallel to front edging line (as marked). Sew buttons.