YOU NEED: natural/mixed fabric; fusing; zipper.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCES: 1 cm for all seams, 3 cm for the hem.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Upper back skirt – 2 pieces
2. Back yoke – 1 piece
3. Back skirt – 1 piece
4. Upper front skirt – 2 pieces
5. Front yoke – 1 piece
6. Right front skirt – 1 piece
7. left front skirt – 1 piece
Fusing: upper front skirt, upper back skirt.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of upper front skirt and upper back skirt.
2. Stitch back skirt’s upper edge to the yoke. Press seam allowances upward.
3. Stitch back yoke to back skirt. Press joining seam toward the yoke and neaten it.
4. Stitch front skirt’s upper edge to the yoke. Press seam allowances upward.
5. Stitch right front skirt to front yoke. Slash seam allowances close to the mark, press them toward the yoke and neaten them. Stitch left front skirt to front yoke. Slash seam allowances close to the mark, press them toward the yoke and neaten them. Stitch free edge of front left/front right skirts. Press seam allowances apart and neaten them.
6. Stitch skirt’s right side seam. Press seam allowances apart and neaten them. Make decorative stitch at 0.5 cm from the seam joining upper front/back skirts. Stitch left side seam between zipper mark and the hem. Press seam allowances apart pressing closure slit, then neaten. Stitch the zipper in.
7. Stitch right side edge of straightened upper front/back skirts (facings) and press the seam apart. Neaten facings’ lower edge.
8. Lay facings on the skirt right sides together and overstitch upper edges. Fold facings into wrong side, tack and press them. Fold side edges under and sew them to zipper braid. Make a decorative stitch along upper edge at 0.5 cm from the edge. Topstitch facings’ neatened edge of upper front/back skirts.
9. Neaten skirt hem, press it into wrong side and topstitch it.