YOU NEED: soft whipcord; zipper; decorative cord; 6 holders for the cord; 6 tabs.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Back part – 1 piece
2. Front part – 2 pieces
3. Sleeve – 2 pieces
4. Hood – 4 pieces
5. Front band – 2 pieces
6. Coulisse – 1 piece
7. Sacking – 4 pieces
1. Lay one of sacking on back part’s right side according to notches, lay another sacking on front part right side down, then stitch. Fold the seam out and topstitch it on the sacking.
2. Stitch shoulder edges. Press allowances backward and neaten them.
3. Stitch hood middle edges in pairs. Press allowances apart. Neaten holes into outer hood as marked. Stitch outer hood into the neckline.
4. Stitch sleeves into armholes. Press seam allowances toward the sleeves and neaten them.
5. Stitch sleeve/side edges with one seam and sacking. Press allowances toward the front part and neaten them.
Cut two fabric stripes of 15 cm length and 4 cm width for sacking holder. Press stripes along the center right side out. Fold them flap and press long edges toward marked center line. Then fold the stripe along the center and topstitch at 0.1 cm from the edge. Sew one end of the holder to sacking edge. Lay front part on smooth face and adjust holder’s another end to front edging. Sew holder’s end to front edging. Cut holder’s extra fabric.
6. Lay zipper’s parts on front edgings right sides together (teeth go conversely edgings). Stitch the zipper.
7. Press allowances along coulisse perimeter into wring side, lay it on the cape as marked and topstitch two long edges at 0.7 c, from the edge.
8. Neaten front band’s outer/shoulder edges. Stitch the front band to inner hood. Press the seam toward the hood. Lay the front band on the front part right sides together and overstitch front edging’s/hood’s edges. Press the seam. Fix hood middle seams’ allowances together. Fold inner hood’s open edge under and topstitch it along the seam joining outer hood. Make two parallel lines along hood edge making a coulisse.
9. Press hem allowances into wrong side, fold one-piece hem facing into right side and overstitch front edging excluding a hole between lines marking a coulisse. Cut corner seams, turn them into right side and make two parallel stitches as marked to make a coulisse.
10. Press one-piece cuff into wrong side, fold the allowance under and topstitch at 0.1 cm from the edge.
11. Pull cords into all coulisses, set holders and tabs.