5759 STRIPED BLOUSE
YOU NEED: natural/mixed fabric (cotton, viscose, polyether); fusing; 8 buttons; zipper.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Back part – 2 pieces
2. Right front part – 1 piece
3. Left front part – 1 piece
4. Side front part – 2 pieces
5. Short placket – 2 pieces
6. Long placket – 2 pieces
7. Sleeve - 2 pieces
8. Cuff – 2 pieces
9. Collar – 2 pieces
10. Stand-up collar – 2 pieces
1. Collar – 1 piece
2. Stand-up collar – 1 piece
3. Short placket – 1 piece
4. Long placket – 1 piece
5. Cuff – 2 pieces
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of plackets, cuffs, outer collar and inner stand-up collar.
2. Lay collars right sides together and overstitch along ends/collar fall. Cut seams. Turn the collar right side out and press it. Lay stand-ups right sides together, insert ready collar, adjust notches and stitch all overstitching stand-ups’ ends. Begin and finish stitching at the line joining the stand-up. Turn ready collar right side out and press it.
3. Stitch back darts. Press darts toward middle seam. Stitch middle back seam. Neaten the seam and press it. Stitch front upper dart into left front side. Press the dart upward. Make a seam with loose stitches on right front part between front edging’s marks, gather fabric a little.
4. Lay short plackets right sides together and overstitch them along shaped edges. Turn the plackets right side out and press them. Stitch outer short placket to left front part. Press the seam toward the placket. Fold inner short placket under and topstitch along joining seam.
5. Stitch outer long placket to right front part. Lay long plackets right sides together along outer edge. Insert left front part between them and stitch details. Fold inner long placket into wrong side and press it. Fold inner long placket’s open edge under and topstitch along joining seam.
6. Stitch side part to front part. Neaten the seam and press it backward.
7. Stitch shoulder seams/right side seam. Neaten seams and press them backward. Stitch left side seam between the armhole and the notch. Press the seam and neaten it. Stitch the zipper.
8. Stitch outer stand-up with the collar into the neckline, fold inner stand-up’s open edge and topstitch it along the seam joining outer stand-up. Make decorative stitch along the stand-up and the collar.
9. Stitch sleeve edges up to the notch, neaten them and press the seam apart. Stitch sleeves into armholes easing them at sleeve caps.
10. Fold cuffs along the center and overstitch short edges/segment up to the notch. Slash seam allowance close to the notch. Turn the cuffs right side out and press them. Stitch outer cuff to the sleeve. Fold inner cuff under and topstitch it along joining seam.
11. Neaten the hem, press it into wrong side, then topstitch.
12. Make buttonholes into cuffs, sew buttons. Sew buttons to front part.