5760 PLEATED TOP
You need: double-sided natural/mixed fabric (cotton, viscose, polyether); fusing; 5 buttons.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Back part – 2 pieces
2. Front part – 2 pieces
3. Sleeve – 2 pieces
4. Collar – 2 pieces
5. Stand-up collar – 2 pieces
1. Collar – 1 piece
2. Stand-up collar – 1 piece
3. Placket – 2 pieces
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of one-piece placket, outer collar and inner stand-up collar.
2. Lay collars right sides together and overstitch along ends/collar fall. Cut seams. Turn the collar right side out and press it. Lay stand-ups right sides together, insert ready collar, adjust notches and stitch all overstitching stand-ups’ ends. Begin and finish stitching at the line joining the stand-up. Turn ready collar right side out and press it.
3. Make first pleat (inside) into front part as marked. Stitch the pleat on wrong side between the neckline and cross mark. Do the same for other 3 pleats. Press pleats to front middle, as shows the figure.
4. Stitch front darts. Press waist darts toward front center, press upper darts upward. Stitch back darts. Press darts toward middle seam. Stitch back middle seam. Neaten the seam and press it.
5. Stitch shoulder/side seams. Neaten them and press them backward.
Fold plackets doubly into right side and make decorative stitch along placket’s inner edge.
6. Stitch outer stand-up with the collar into the neckline, fold inner stand-up’s open edge and topstitch it along the seam joining outer stand-up. Make decorative stitch along the stand-up and the collar.
7. Stitch sleeve edges up to the notch, neaten them and press the seam apart. Stitch sleeve easing sleeve caps.
8. Neaten garment/sleeve hems, press them into wrong side and topstitch.
9. Make buttonholes into right front part, sew buttons to left one.