5761 SHORT-SLEEVED BLOUSE
YOU NEED: natural/mixed fabric; fusing; 6 buttons.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCES: 1 cm for all seams, 2 cm for the hem and pocket’s upper edge.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Back part – 2 pieces
2. Front part – 2 pieces
3. Sleeve – 2 pieces
4. Collar – 2 pieces
5. Right placket – 1 piece
6. Left placket – 1 piece
7. Flap – 4 pieces
8. Pocket – 2 pieces
9. Cuff – 2 pieces
10. Front band – 2 pieces
Fusing: plackets, 2 flaps, front bands, cuffs.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of plackets, 2 flaps, front bands, cuffs.
2. Stitch back/front darts. Press darts toward center. Stitch back middle edge. Press allowances leftward and neaten them.
3. Press pocket upper allowance into wrong side, fold it under and topstitch. Press pocket side/lower allowances into wrong side. Topstitch pockets on front part according to marks.
4. Lay flaps right sides together and overstitch excluding upper edges. Cut corner allowances and turn them right side out. Press seams. Neaten flaps free edges, make buttonholes. Stitch flaps to front parts, fold them down and topstitch. Sew buttons to pockets according to buttonholes.
5. Fold left placket along the center wrong side out and overstitch along sort upper edge. Turn it right side out, press, then lay it on left front part with its folding out of the edge, then tack. Fold right placket with its long edges to the middle and overstitch upper short edges. Turn the detail right side out and press it. Make buttonholes into inner placket. Fix it with machine stitch along the top, lat the detail on right front part with its folds out of the edge/buttonholes up, than tack.
6. Neaten front bands’ inner edges. Lay front bands on front parts right sides together and overstitch front edgings. Turn front bands into wrong side, then press.
7. Stitch collar’s middle seam. Fold the collar along the center wrong side out and overstitch lower edge/ends along both sides from notches. Cut corner allowances, turn the collar right side out and press it.
8. Stitch shoulder/side edges. Press allowances backward and neaten them.
9. Stitch outer collar into the neckline, fold inner collar’s open edge under and topstitch it along joining seam.
10. Stitch sleeve seams, press and neaten them. Make a seam with loose stitches along sleeve hem. Pull the hem to cuff’s length.
11. Stitch cuffs in a ring, press along the center right side out. Fold the cuff flat and stitch outer side on sleeve hem. Fold inner cuff’s allowance under and topstitch along joining seam.
12. Stitch sleeves into armholes easing them along sleeve caps. Neaten seams.
13. Press garment hem into wrong side, fold it under and topstitch.
14. Sew buttons to left placket.