YOU NEED: sheer natural/mixed fabric; fusing; 7 buttons.
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE DOUBLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS PROVIDED,
IF THE PATTERNS HAVE SINGLE CONTOUR, THE SEAM ALLOWANCE IS NOT PROVIDED.
SEAM ALLOWANCES: 1 cm for all seams, 2 cm for the hem.
ATTENTION! Before sewing, print paper patterns and lay them out according to the linen width (from 90 to 150 cm) to find out how much material you need (do not forget about double and symmetric details).
WHEN SEWING, BE CAREFUL WITH NOTCHES – THEY MUST BE COINCIDING!
1. Back part – 1 piece
2. Front part – 2 pieces
3. Stand-up collar – 2 pieces
Fusing: one-piece placket, outer stand-up collar.
1. Apply the fusing to wrong side of one-piece plackets and outer stand-up collar.
2. Lay stand-up collars right sides together and overstitch along outer side; begin and finish stitching at the line of stand-up joining. Slash rounded allowances, turn the stand-up right side out, then press.
3. Make front pleats into front part and press them. NB: pleat depths pressed toward front edgings, pleat folds pressed sidewise. Press one-piece placket twice into wrong side and topstitch it at 0.1 cm from inner folding.
4. Stitch shoulder edges. Press seams backward and neaten them.
5. Stitch outer stand-up collar into the neckline, fold inner stand-up’s open edge under and stitch it along joining seam.
6. Cut a fabric piping of 4-5 cm width and of length equal to armhole length. Press the piping along the center right side out and press it to armhole’s right side. Turn the piping into wrong side and topstitch on front part at 0.1 cm from the folding.
7. Stitch side edges. Press seams backward and neaten them.
8. Press the hem into wrong side, fold it under and topstitch.
9. Make buttonholes into right front part, sew buttons to left one.